When I’m not actively procrastinating my latest novel, I like to dabble in some freelance writing for great magazines that I love. Check out some of my articles below!
Deep South Magazine
- Florida’s Identity Crisis: Is the Sunshine State part of the South or not? Here’s my take…
- St. Augustine’s Nights of Lights: Nothing compares to the beauty of St. Augustine’s ancient architecture bathed in the glow of a million white lights.
Sadly, First Coast Magazine has gone out of print, but I still have a few of my stories saved here on the blog!
- A Literary Legacy in the Dunes: One of my literary heroes, Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, spent the last few years of her life right here in St. Augustine.
- Kelley-O’Brien Mansion: This long-abandoned 19th century home left a lasting impression on me the first time I saw it, when I was 13 years old. Almost two decades later, I finally got a chance to see inside and research the many stories within its walls.
St. Augustine Social Magazine
- The Positivity & Love of the Tesori Family Foundation
- In the Eclectic Lincolnville Cottage of Mayor Nancy Shaver
- Step Inside the McCartys’ Atomic Mid-Century Paradise
- Drawing a Wild Card
- A Home Worth Fighting For
- The Comforts of a Farmhouse Chic Condo
- Meet St. Johns County Firefighter of the Year Brian Freeland
- Just Water Under the Bridge